Question:
similac alimentum is the same as what good start formula?
Melinda
2011-05-18 15:43:34 UTC
he is on similac sensitive right now, but the WIC program desnt support that kind so they told me that they do good start soy or a alimentum(with a drs note) but i wanted to read about the alimentum but they only one i can find is in similac not good start. so my question is what is the good start one called that is the same as similac alimentum?
Five answers:
Katie
2011-05-18 16:38:41 UTC
I had the same problem with WIC except we were on enfamil soy and had to switch to good starts soy. If your doctor writes that you specifically need alimentum they will have to give it to you from similac because there is nothing that compares. Its the only company that designated formula for hypoallergenic. Seeing as your baby is fine on the sensitive.. good starts gentle plus or soy would be your best bet. Be aware that in July there contracts ends and they will no longer offer Good Starts but you will again have to switch to enfamil.

Does Nestlé have a formula similar to Nutramigen® LIPIL or Similac Alimentum®? NO! Please Click on the link below!
Heather
2011-05-18 16:07:26 UTC
Good Start does not have one that's the same as Alimentum. However, Enfamil Nutramigen is the same as the Similac Alimentum. Nutramigen and Alimentum are hypoallergenic formulas which are not the same as soy formulas. As long as your doctor writes a prescription, WIC should support whatever formula your doctor says your baby needs.
mommy_allie
2011-05-18 16:04:35 UTC
With the a doctor's note WIC will provide whatever brand and type the doctor says. The state you live in contracts with Gerber to provide "good start" through WIC but if your doctor says another kind for "medical reasons" such as allergy..they will provide it...WIC has a form the doctors office can fill out...They will cover alimentum by Similac or Nutramigen by Enfamil with that note/form..it doesnt have to be "Good start"...that's just the kind they provide "normally". Hope this helps and make sense...My son gets Nutramigen through WIC...with a doctor's "note"....Best of luck!
Ccarper21
2011-05-18 15:55:34 UTC
Has far as I know they do not. Any Similac Sensitive is not the same as Soy formula. Both my daughters are/were on Similac Sensitive. They Soy made it worse. Not sure your money situation but Target, Babies R us, and Walmart carry genetic Simialc Sensitive (There is only one ingredient that is .5 difference between the two).

The price is for a 25.75 oz can for $15.

I hope everything works out!
greenwell
2016-10-04 03:54:39 UTC
Alimentum Formula